MED U Policies
MED U Commercial Bias Policy
MED U Intellectual Property Policy
Any writings and inventions developed by the Author/Seminar Developer in connection with the Work performed under contract shall be the sole and exclusive property of The MED Group and the Author /Seminar Developer will assign to The MED Group any and all right, title and interest in the Work performed by the Author or Seminar Developer under the agreement.
The MED Group may use and alter such work without accounting to the Author or Seminar Developer in any way, and may add to it or combine it with other work, during and after the term of a contract without obligation or liability of any kind to the Writer.
The Author/Seminar Developer shall not use the body of the Work as a part of an educational or instructional package that competes directly with any program of The MED Group (a “Prohibited Usage”). A Prohibited Usage shall include offering the subject material as a correspondence course, or as a course on CD or as a part of on-line training on behalf of a direct competitor of the MED Group.
Intellectual Property Rights of Third Parties: The Author/Seminar Developer will assure The MED Group that he/she will not knowingly violate the proprietary rights of any third party, including any trade secrets, patents or copyrights of such party.
More specifically, The MED Group prohibits plagiarism in the development of courses and seminars. Plagiarism is the act of stealing another person’s intellectual property which includes ideas, inventions, original work s of authorship, words, slogans, designs, proprietary information and using them as your own without proper acknowledgement and/or permission of the original author or inventor. (http://www.answers.com/topic/plagarism). Please cite authors and creators in all your works, including courses, handouts, powerpoints and discussions.
MED U Pricing/Refund Policy
- Refunds are made only to the credit card used for the purchase
- Request for refunds must be made within 5 business days of purchase
- If CEUs are awarded and a certificate issued, there will be no refund
- You have access to your MED U online training anytime using your unique user ID (login name) and password.
- Your direct Admin and the Educational Contact at your company also have access to your educational record in MED U as part of their supervisory duties and while you are under their employment.
- Limited staff at MED U and the MED Group also has access to the information as required for their jobs.
- At times, access may be granted to accrediting agencies carrying out their accrediting functions.
MED U Record Retention Policy
MED U Release of Information Policy
- Your full name
- Your current address
- Your former employer
- The last 4 digits of your social security number
- Your former user ID and password